Register Your Apprenticeship
Registration is easy, and it’s free. Here’s how to register:
Online. Log in to create your personal ITA account. You will need:
- A valid email address. All notifications from ITA are sent to you by email
- Your personal information, including legal name, address and birthdate
- Your sponsor information, including their mailing and email address
If you prefer paper, you may download the Apprentice and Sponsor Registration form (131KB pdf). Both you and your sponsor must complete and sign it. Return it to the ITA by email, regular mail, fax or in person.
Special Registration Forms for Heating Technician and Modular Welder:
You need to use a different registration form for these programs:
- Heating Technician Apprentice and Sponsor Registration Form (124KB pdf)
- Modular Welder Apprentice and Sponsor Registration Form (76KB pdf)
If you are a high school student, use the form below and return it to your local school district:
Pre-Requisite Requirements for Heavy Equipment Operator, Heavy Duty Mechanic and Truck and Transport Mechanic:
- If you are a new Heavy Equipment Operator apprentice and haven’t taken the Road Builder and Heavy Construction pre-apprenticeship program, your employer should complete this form (36KB pdf)
- If you have not taken Module 1 of the Heavy Duty Mechanic program, your employer should complete this form (49KB pdf)
- If you have not taken Module 1 of the Truck and Transport Mechanic program, your employer should complete this form (29KB pdf)
Once ITA has received your completed forms, your sponsor will receive an email from ITA to confirm your apprenticeship.
Your ITA ID and Registration Card
After you register, ITA will email you an ID number and a temporary password for online access to your apprenticeship record. You will be asked to change your password, but your ITA ID number will be yours throughout your apprenticeship. You will need your ITA ID number to log into your apprenticeship record, to register for school, to apply for EI or to contact ITA Customer Service.
ITA will send your Registration Card directly to your employer. Make sure your employer signs it and gives it to you. Keep your Registration Card with you throughout your apprenticeship. You may be asked to show it as proof that you are a registered apprentice and entitled to be on your job site.