Register Your Apprenticeship
Registration is easy, and it’s free. Here’s how to register:
Online: Log in to create your personal ITA account. You will need:
- A valid email address. All notifications from ITA are sent to you by email
- Your personal information, including legal name, address and birthdate
- Your sponsor information, including their mailing and email address
Your ITA ID and Registration Card
After you register, ITA will email you an ID number and a temporary password for Direct Access. Your ITA ID number will be yours throughout your apprenticeship. You will need your ITA ID number to log into Direct Access, to register for school, to apply for EI or to contact ITA Customer Service.
ITA will send your Registration Card directly to your sponsor. Make sure your sponsor signs it and gives it to you. Keep your Registration Card with you throughout your apprenticeship. You may be asked to show it as proof that you are a registered apprentice and entitled to be on your job site.
Special Registration Forms:
If you are registering for a Heating Technician apprenticeship us the Heating Technician Apprentice and Sponsor Registration Form (124KB pdf)
If you are a high school student, use the SSA / ACE-IT Apprentice and Sponsor Registration Form (135KB pdf) and return it to your local school district.
Exemption forms for Heavy Equipment Operator, Heavy Duty Mechanic and Truck and Transport Mechanic:
If you have not completed the pre-requisite for these trades but have the equivalent work experience, you may submit an exemption form with your Apprentices and Sponsor Registration form.
- If you are a new Heavy Equipment Operator apprentice and haven’t taken the Road Builder and Heavy Construction pre-apprenticeship program, your employer should complete this form (36KB pdf)
- If you have not taken Module 1 of the Heavy Duty Mechanic program, your employer should complete this form (49KB pdf)
- If you have not taken Module 1 of the Truck and Transport Mechanic program, your employer should complete this form (29KB pdf)