The New Car Dealers Association of BC and the Automotive Retailers Association of BC supported the consultation and recruitment of members of the Sector Advisory Group. This group includes automotive professionals who have a history of championing and employing tradespeople, along with representation from small-, medium- and large-sized firms from across the province and key automotive sectors including collision, mechanical, powersport, glass repair and maintenance.
The automotive sector is characterized by increasing complexity and an incredibly fast pace of change, including rapid changes in technology, products, training, and the way repairs and servicing are provided. In terms of employment, the sector employs approximately 45,000 people across the province, with 2,800 active apprentices currently registered in automotive sector-related trades (7 per cent of all apprentices in the BC system). The automotive sector accounts for 1.9 per cent of provincial GDP.
The members of the Automotive Sector Advisory Group include:
- Blair Qualey, President & CEO, New Car Dealers Association of BC
- Malcolm Hunter, President, Deeley Harley Davidson (Canada)
- Steven Coates, Shop Foreman, Kelowna Honda Powerhouse
- Ken McCormack, President & CEO, Automotive Retailers Association of BC
- Jeff Hoff, Manager, Napa Autopro Gears Plus
- Tim Owens, Regional Director, Belron Canada
- Judy Jobse, Operations Manager, Cam Clark Ford
- Mark Greenberg, General Manager, Craftsman Collision
- Ronald Tremblay, Owner, R&F Motors (dba The Garage)
- Peter Foreman, Manager, David Foreman Auto Repair Ltd.
- Mike Johnson, Resource Manager, Harbourview Volkswagen
- Todd Reiger, Owner, Prestige Collision & Glass
- Robert Lang, Owner, Richmond Motorworks Ltd.
- Chris Wylie, Owner, Searles Auto
- Wayne Wright, Owner, Wright Choice Automotive