ITA is pleased to announce the formation of the Construction Employers Sector Advisory Group. The group has the essential role of advising government and ITA on industry-specific issues that are key to skills training in the province of BC.
The Construction Employers Sector Advisory Group consists of construction professionals who have a history of championing and employing tradespeople, along with representation from small-, medium- and large-sized organizations from across key construction industries, including representatives from industrial, commercial, institutional and residential construction. Aboriginal community members are also advisory members of the group.
Construction is a major driver of the BC economy, and is forecast to expand at the fastest rate among the domestic industries. It is expected that the construction industry’s contribution to BC’s total GDP will climb to 31 per cent by 2018. Total employment in the BC construction sector is approximately 196,000 employees, representing eight per cent of the provincial workforce. By 2023, it is expected that there will be approximately 50,000 construction job openings in BC.
This group works closely with the Construction Association Sector Advisory Group.
The 15 members of the Construction Employers Sector Advisory Group include
- Mike Asselstine, General Manager, RKM Services Ltd.
- Corry Belcourt, Owner/President, Veridis Plumbing and Heating
- Randy Callaghan, Field Personnel Advisor, PCL Construction Westcoast Inc.
- Paul Charbonneau, Owner, Cascade Metal Design Ltd.
- Michael Evans, Training Plan Coordinator, Teamsters Local Union 213 Joint Training School
- David Hollett, Manager, Labour Relations, Western Canada, Boilermaker Contractors Association (BCA)
- Keith Jantzi, Project Manager, NAC Constructors Ltd.
- Raymond Keen, Business Manager, IBEW Local Union 1003
- Jud Martell, Training Coordinator, Sheet Metal Workers Training Centre Society
- Claude Nobauer, President, Control Solutions Ltd.
- Frank Carr, Treasurer/Business Rep, International Union of Operating Engineers (IUOE) Local 115
- Roderick Parker, Owner, Parker Johnston Industries Ltd., Integrity Exteriors Ltd.
- Al (A.D.) Phillips, Executive Director, UA Piping Industry College of BC
- Larry Richardson, Director of Training, Christian Labour Association of Canada
- Stephen Robinson, President, Pitt Meadows Plumbing and Mechanical Systems (2001) Ltd.