Our goal is to increase innovation and collaboration across BC’s trades training system to meet the needs of apprentices and employers. We will encourage innovation in the training system; work with industry to provide advice on ITA trade standards; collaborate with training provider and industry partners to develop partnerships; and ensure that apprentices can seamlessly move between jurisdictions for work while maintaining their ability to progress through the apprenticeship system.
- Promote and support more innovation in trades training
- Enhance collaboration between industry & training providers
- Improve labour mobility
- Enhanced collaboration with training providers to develop consistent, high quality harmonized trades training across British Columbia
- Alignment between investment in training and industry training needs as identified through provincial labour market data and feedback from Sector Advisory Groups
- Improved manageability of the time required to be away from work to attend technical training through a combination of on-line and in-class training