The Industry Training Authority and 6 local Chambers of Commerce invite you to attend interactive information sessions for current and potential skilled trades employers on growing your business through apprentice sponsorship.
The events will include a panel of local employers, training providers and apprentices who will share why they hire apprentices, how they build loyalty amongst their employees, and stories of their challenges and achievements with apprenticeships. Bring your questions and get the perspectives of those that are currently in the apprenticeship system and finding success!
ITA’s local Apprenticeship Advisors will also share resources and supports that are available to employer sponsors, including tax credits, to ensure you and your apprentice have a successful apprenticeship. The Vernon Chamber of Commerce will also speak to Chamber memberships and the importance of connecting with the local business community.
Take the next step for your business and become a Champion for apprenticeship.
Dates and Registration:
- Campbell River – Thursday, June 22, 11:15 am – 1:00 pm
- Vernon – Tuesday, September 19, 8:15 – 9:45 am
- Prince Rupert – Friday, September 29, 11:15 am – 12:45 pm
- Nelson – Wednesday, October 4, 11:15 am – 12:45 pm, email email@example.com to register
- Whistler – Tuesday, October 17, 8:15 – 9:45 am
- Dawson Creek – Thursday, December 14, 11:15 – 12:45 pm. Registration link to come! Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info.
All events are free to attend, and include breakfast or lunch. Seating is limited so register early!