You are invited to an information session about the apprenticeship system and the supports available to you as an employer and potential sponsor. There will be panel discussions and presentations, followed by Q&A with local industry members. Download the flyer.
Date: Wednesday, June 1, 2016
Time: 5:30pm - 8:00pm
Location: Fireside Inn Hotel & Conference Centre
1810 8th Avenue, Castlegar, BC
RSVP: email@example.com by May 27
Panel members for this presentation will include:
- Sean Horton, Teck Metals - The importance of the apprenticeship system, HR and succession planning.
- Bob Wright, Work BC/ Kootenay Career Development Centre - Wage subsidy programs and their employment search services.
- Allan Pusay, BC Construction Association - Skilled Trades Employment Program (STEP)
- Murray McConnochie, School District 20 - ACE IT program and hiring apprentices.
- Lisa Kilpatrick, Columbia Basin Trust - Student Wage Subsidy Program.
- Marlin Ratch and Rod Bianchini, ITA - The apprenticeship system in BC and how ITA can support employers and apprentices.
If you have any questions regarding the event, please contact Manjit Grewal, Coordinator, Apprenticeship Advisors.