Industrial Electricians inspect, install, test, troubleshoot, repair, and service industrial electrical equipment and associated electrical and electronic controls. Service includes calibration and preventative/predictive maintenance. Industrial electricians are employed by maintenance departments of plants, mines, smelters, oil and gas operations, mills, shipyards, utility companies, manufacturing facilities and other industrial establishments. Some are employed by electrical contractors.
Logbook and Evidence Guides
- Industrial Electrician Logbook
- Level 1 and 2 Evidence Guide
- Level 3 Evidence Guide
- Level 4 Evidence Guide
- Electives Evidence Guide
Industrial Electrician Assessor Course
The Industrial Electrician Assessor Course is no longer available, as this requirement is no longer needed for logbook sign off. Please refer to OPSN 2016_003 for more information.
HARMONIZED PROGRAM INFORMATION - LEVEL 1 & 2 IN EFFECT APRIL 1, 2018
|Program Profile||Describes the requirements for apprentices and challengers to earn certification||Download (185 PDF KB)|
|Program Outline||Guidelines for delivery of technical training at ITA Recognized Training Providers||Download (1,540 PDF KB)|
|Exam Weighting Charts||The Exam Weighting Charts for the Harmonized level exams will be made available as the Harmonized level exams are launched.|
See below for information about the current program.
For more information on the Marine Endorsement please refer to the Marine Electrician - Endorsement Program page.
As we transition to the Harmonized Industrial Electrician program, it is important that you are accessing the correct information. For details of changes to the program, please refer to OPSN -2017-004.2. This Program Update is to advise that the Construction Electrician & Industrial Electrician Transition Plan has been posted. If you have any questions, please contact ITA Customer Service
Please see OPSN-2017-012 regarding changes to the list of individuals permitted to sign off the Industrial Electrician Logbook and Recommendation for Certification.
Please see OPSN-2017-014 regarding the CEC version for the IP exam.
Please see this Program Update for the revised Tools & Equipment list.
- Program Profile
- Describes the requirements for apprentices and challengers to earn certification
- Download(PDF 179.89 KB)
- Program Outline
- Guidelines for delivery of technical training at ITA Recognized Training Providers
- Download(PDF 1.23 MB)
- Guidelines on Interprovincial (IP) Red Seal Examination
- Information guide about how to study for the IP Exam including sample questions
- Download(PDF 1.32 MB)
- Interprovincial (IP) Exam Table
- List of tasks that will be tested and number of questions on each task
- Download(PDF 34.17 KB)
Challenge Certification/Recognize Prior Experience
- How to Apply
- Download(PDF 62.31 KB)
- Application Form
- Personal information and exams scheduling information (for challenge option)
- Download(PDF 150.18 KB)
- Employer Declaration
- Document of relevant work experience
- Download(PDF 194.89 KB)
- Statutory Declaration
- Attestation for self-employment/work experience when employer cannot be contacted
- Download(PDF 214.43 KB)