The Aerospace Industries Association of Canada (AIAC) led the consultation and recruitment of members of the Sector Advisory Group. This group includes aerospace professionals who have a history of championing and employing tradespeople, along with representation from small, medium and large-sized organizations from across aerospace sectors, including manufacturing, maintenance, repair and overhaul, and in-service support. Aboriginal community members are also Sector Advisory Group members.
BC is home to the third largest aerospace sector in the country, following Quebec and Ontario. In Western Canada, the BC aerospace industry is comparable in size to the aerospace industries of Manitoba, Alberta and Saskatchewan combined. The sector includes more than 160 firms, and employs over 8,000 people. In total, the industry is estimated to contribute between $2.9 and $3.5 billion annually to the provincial GDP.
The members of the Aerospace Sector Advisory Group include:
- Kanokwan Limchareon, General Manager Human Resources, Vector Aerospace Helicopters
- Alison Maas, Owner, Transwest Helicopters
- Dwayne Lucas, Regional Director, Pacific, Consortium for Aerospace Research and Innovation in Canada (CARIC)
- Michael Lonsbrough, Sr Human Resources Generalist, MTU Maintenance Canada Ltd.
- Shawn Roberts, Human Resources Generalist, Avcorp Industries Corp.
- Tanya Morgan, Conair
- Jeannie Blaney, Unifor Local 114
- Taylor Briggs, Vice President Policy and Government Relations, AIAC