What it means to be a sponsor
When you hire on an apprentice you are committing to train and develop them into a Journeyperson. In return, the apprentice will be completing projects, tasks and jobs that are critical to the success of your business.
As the sponsor, you will be responsible for:
- Training the apprentice in their chosen trade under the supervision of a certified journeyman or an employee with Sign-Off Authority
- Registering the apprentice and your organization
- Tracking and reporting the apprentice’s work based training hours
- Allowing the apprentice time off to attend school
- Evaluating and recommending the apprentice for certification
Ready to sponsor an apprentice?
Sponsoring an apprentice is a mutual agreement between an apprentice and an employer/sponsor. Get started now:
Webinar for employers
We hosted a webinar to answer employer questions about sponsorship. Learn about the myths, facts and what is in it for you.