What it means to be an employer sponsor
When you hire on an apprentice you are committing to train and develop them into a Tradesperson. In return, the apprentice will be completing projects, tasks and jobs that are critical to the success of your business.
Ready to sponsor an apprentice?
Sponsoring an apprentice is a mutual agreement between an apprentice and an employer/sponsor. Here are the steps:
- Fill out the Apprentice and Sponsor Registration Form
- Email the form to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A Registration Card will be mailed to you that needs to be signed and passed on to the apprentice
- Find additional Employer Sponsor forms
Download the Employer Guidebook (2.9MB pdf)
As the employer sponsor, you will be responsible for:
- Training the apprentice in their chosen trade under the supervision of a certified tradesperson or an employee with Sign-Off Authority
- Registering the apprentice and your organization
- Tracking and reporting the apprentice’s work based training hours
- Allowing the apprentice time off to attend school
- Evaluating and recommending the apprentice for certification
Webinar for employers
We hosted a webinar to answer employer questions about employer sponsorship. Learn about the myths, facts and what is in it for you.