What it means to be a sponsor
When you hire on an apprentice you are committing to train and develop them into a Tradesperson. In return, the apprentice will be completing projects, tasks and jobs that are critical to the success of your business.
Download the Employer Guidebook (2.9MB pdf)
As the sponsor, you will be responsible for:
- Training the apprentice in their chosen trade under the supervision of a certified tradesperson or an employee with Sign-Off Authority
- Registering the apprentice and your organization
- Tracking and reporting the apprentice’s work based training hours
- Allowing the apprentice time off to attend school
- Evaluating and recommending the apprentice for certification
Ready to sponsor an apprentice?
Sponsoring an apprentice is a mutual agreement between an apprentice and an employer/sponsor. Get started now:
Webinar for employers
We hosted a webinar to answer employer questions about sponsorship. Learn about the myths, facts and what is in it for you.