Construction Electricians plan, design, assemble, install, alter, repair, inspect, verify, commission, connect, operate, maintain and decommission electrical systems. Electrical systems provide heating, lighting, power, alarm, security, communication and control in residential, commercial, institutional, industrial, transportation, marine and entertainment environments.
If you are unclear as to what program you are registered in, or unclear as to which program you should be following, please contact ITA Customer Service.
HARMONIZED PROGRAM INFORMATION - Program Outline effective January 2018
|Program Profile||Describes the requirements for apprentices and challengers to earn certification||Download (169 PDF KB)|
|Program Outline||Guidelines for delivery of technical training at ITA Recognized Training Providers||Download (1,059 PDF KB)|
|Exam Weighting Charts||The Exam Weighting Charts for the Harmonized level exams will be made available as the Harmonized level exams are launched.|
See below for information about the current program.
For more information on the Marine Endorsement please refer to the Marine Electrician - Endorsement Program page.
Currently, level examinations for the Construction Electrician program are not available for challenge. Should level examinations become available to challenge in the future, a notification will be posted here.
As we transition to the Harmonized Construction Electrician program, it is important that you are accessing the correct information. For details of changes to the program, please refer to OPSN-2017-003.1. Please see the Program Update containing the Program Outline review details and competency migration. If you have any questions, please contact ITA Customer Service
- Program Profile
- Describes the requirements for apprentices and challengers to earn certification
- Download(PDF 161.55 KB)
- Program Outline
- Guidelines for delivery of technical training at ITA Recognized Training Providers
- Download(PDF 1.14 MB)
- Guidelines on Interprovincial (IP) Red Seal Examination
- Information guide about how to study for the IP Exam including sample questions
- Download(PDF 1.32 MB)
- Interprovincial (IP) Exam Table
- List of tasks that will be tested and number of questions on each task
- Download(PDF 33.7 KB)
Challenge Certification/Recognize Prior Experience
- How to Apply
- Download(PDF 62.31 KB)
- Application Form
- Personal information and exams scheduling information (for challenge option)
- Download(PDF 150.18 KB)
- Employer Declaration
- Document of relevant work experience
- Download(PDF 220.4 KB)
- Statutory Declaration
- Attestation for self-employment/work experience when employer cannot be contacted
- Download(PDF 228.56 KB)