“Mobile Crane Operator” means a person who operates a mobile crane to perform lifts and hoists, sets up cranes, takes down cranes and plans lifts and crane procedures.
This certification is for operation of crane types with capacity of greater than 80 Tonnes.
This Mobile Crane Operator certification is a prerequisite for the following BCACS crane licenses:
- Lattice Boom Friction
- Lattice Boom Hydraulic
- Hydraulic – Unlimited Tonnage
In the Mobile Crane Operator program, the completion of the practical assessment and the electronic logbook seat-time hours will continue to be managed by BCACS www.bccranesafety.ca as a licensing requirement. Crane operator certification in British Columbia is mandatory by virtue of the provincial Occupational Health and Safety Regulation (WorkSafeBC) http://bccranesafety.ca/about/authority-statement/.
ITA’s Mobile Crane Operator certifications are changing to align with CCDA’s Red Seal Harmonization Initiative. As of January 1, 2017, new registrants who are operators of “Lattice Boom Friction Cranes”, “Lattice Boom Hydraulic Cranes”, and “Hydraulic Unlimited Tonnage Cranes” will be merged into one certification called “Mobile Crane Operator”.
Crane Operators currently registered in Mobile Crane Operator Hydraulic Unlimited Tonnage, Mobile Crane Operator Lattice Boom Hydraulic Crane or Mobile Crane Operator Lattice Boom Friction Crane may re-register in the new Mobile Crane Operator program, or complete their current program without any changes until July 31, 2019.
The Exam Weighting Chart is available for the Level 1 and shows the approximate percentage of weighting per General Area of Competency (GAC).
- Program Profile
- Describes the requirements for apprentices and challengers to earn certification
- Download(PDF 142.2 KB)
- Program Outline
- Guidelines for delivery of technical training at ITA Recognized Training Providers
- Download(PDF 819.9 KB)
- Guidelines on Interprovincial (IP) Red Seal Examination
- Information guide about how to study for the IP Exam including sample questions
- Download(PDF 1.32 MB)
- Interprovincial (IP) Exam Table
- List of tasks that will be tested and number of questions on each task
- Download(PDF 35.37 KB)
Challenge Certification/Recognize Prior Experience
- How to Apply
- Download(PDF 62.31 KB)
- Application Form
- Personal information and exams scheduling information (for challenge option)
- Download(PDF 150.18 KB)
- Employer Declaration
- Document of relevant work experience
- Download(PDF 189.4 KB)
- Statutory Declaration
- Attestation for self-employment/work experience when employer cannot be contacted
- Download(PDF 242.11 KB)