The Industry Training Authority’s (ITA) 2019/20– 2021/22 Strategic Plan maps the organization’s way forward for the next three years. In tandem with its partners and through pursuit of the four goals included in its Strategic Plan, ITA will work to:
|Build diversity in trades training||Connect Apprentices with employers||Enhance access to services||Work with key partners to increase system performance|
ITA considers the following when building and delivering on its strategic plan:
ITA’s Strategic Plan aligns with government priorities:
- making life more affordable
- delivering the services people can count on
- building a strong and sustainable economy that supports jobs throughout the province
It also reflects government’s commitment to true and lasting reconciliation with Indigenous peoples and supports government initiatives such as Community Benefits Agreements and B.C.’s Apprenticeship Ratio Policy.
ITA’s Strategic Plan is influenced by its operating environment including:
- the province’s expected supply and demand for labour and trades careers
- the societal and cultural bias towards trades careers compared to university degrees
- the existing population of the trades compared to the province’s diverse society
- evolving technology particularly as it relates to the expectations of future learners
- the delivery capacity of training providers and the needs of industry
ITA leads B.C.’s trades training and apprenticeship system in partnership with government, industry, employer sponsors and training providers. ITA values the strengths each of these partners bring to the system and the supports they provide to apprentices and ITA.
Advance and sustain a diverse and inclusive trades training and apprenticeship system for B.C.
Assist apprentices to connect with employment opportunities and deliver the supports they need to achieve certification.
Provide improved services to apprentices and employer sponsors.
With key partners, strengthen B.C.’s trades training and apprenticeship system through robust performance management.