What is meant by personal information?
Personal information means recorded information about an identifiable individual other than work contact information. Examples of personal information include an individual’s name, address or telephone number. Other examples are available here.
Can I request to have my personal information corrected?
Under FOIPPA, you have the right to request access to your personal information held at ITA. You also have the right to request a correction to your personal information if you believe the information held at ITA is incorrect. If ITA does not agree with your proposed changes, you have the right to request that a note be added to your file. For inquires about your personal information, contact ITA at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Can I request someone else’s personal information?
Requests for personal information regarding an individual other than yourself must include that individual’s signed consent or proof of authority allowing you to act on their behalf. Please note to verify the authorization, ITA may contact the individual whose personal information you are requesting.
How do I make a personal information request?
To make a personal information request, you can either complete ITA’s Personal Information Request form or you can submit your request in a letter.
For requests made via a letter, please include the following information:
- Your contact information (for example, name, address, phone number, email, etc.).
- Detailed description of the personal information you are requesting. Please be specific and include date ranges if applicable.
- Proof of consent or authority for the release of personal information of another individual if applicable.
- Preferred method for receiving the record (for example, email, standard mail).
- Once complete, email the request to email@example.com or mail it to ITA.
Industry Training Authority
Attention: Manager, Privacy and Information Management
800-8100 Granville Avenue, Richmond, BC V6Y 3T6
When will I receive a response to record request?
Once your request is received, under FOIPPA, ITA has 30 business days to respond, subject to any needed extensions.