Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Am I eligible for WDA-ITA Equity Seeking Group programs and services?
We encourage you to contact the service providers directly to discuss eligibility.
• Self-identify as an Indigenous person, Woman or other vulnerable or under-represented group in trades occupations
• A Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person (under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, S.C. 2001, c. 27) legally entitled to work in Canada;
• Living in British Columbia;
• Not a full-time student (i.e., not enrolled in high school or in post-secondary training);
• Not actively participating in another provincially or federally funded labour market program;
• Unemployed or Precariously Employed – please call service providers to discuss your employment.
Am I eligible for Women in Construction programs and services?
• Self-identify as female (Indigenous and Non-Indigenous Women)
• Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person legally entitled to work in Canada;
• Interested in exploring/working in a Red Seal Construction Trades. See Construction Red Seal trades here. https://www.itabc.ca/discover-apprenticeship-programs/search-programs)
Is there an age resriction?
Your age will NOT be a constraint to attend any of these programs.
How do I register?
For information and to register into one of these pre-apprenticeship programs contact the service providers directly.
Where is the training located?
Each service provider offers different training. Some of our service providers could have the ability to serve participants throughout the province, while others are located in 1 or 2 regions only. It is recommended you check with the individual service providers.
What financial assistance do these programs offer?
Financial assistance will vary from service provider to service provider. Often supports may include, funded pre-apprenticeship training, exploratory training, work-site visits, day-care, transportation support, work gear etc. More detailed information can be provided by contacting the service providers directly to understand their supports and services better.
I need financial assistance for technical training
Please visit links below to learn more about the Canada Apprentice Loan.
If you have further questions kindly contact the service provider in your region or email us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org