Construction Electricians plan, design, assemble, install, alter, repair, inspect, verify, commission, connect, operate, maintain and decommission electrical systems. Electrical systems provide heating, lighting, power, alarm, security, communication and control in residential, commercial, institutional, industrial, transportation, marine and entertainment environments.
If you are unclear as to which program you are registered in, or unclear as to which program you should be following, please contact ITA Customer Service.
HARMONIZED PROGRAM INFORMATION
|Program Profile||Describes the requirements for apprentices and challengers to earn certification||Download (164 PDF KB)|
|Program Outline||Guidelines for delivery of technical training at ITA Recognized Training Providers||Download (1,217 PDF KB)|
For more information on the Marine Endorsement please refer to the Marine Electrician - Endorsement Program page.
See below for information about the current (pre-harmonized) program.
- August 2022: Program Update
- April 2021: Transition Update
- March 2021: Transition Plan (Version 3)
- March 2021: Revised Competency Migration Charts
- November 2020: Program Update
- OPSN Archives
- If you have any questions, please contact ITA Customer Service
Standardized Level Exam (SLE) Updates
SLE Weighting Charts
Interprovincial Exam Updates
Interprovincial Exam Information
Challenge Certification/Recognize Prior Experience
- How to Apply
- Download(PDF 159.66 KB)
- Application Form
- Personal information and exams scheduling information (for challenge option)
- Download(PDF 173.84 KB)
- Employer Declaration
- Document of relevant work experience
- Download(PDF 432.14 KB)
- Statutory Declaration
- Attestation for self-employment/work experience when employer cannot be contacted
- Download(PDF 555.53 KB)