"Winder Electrician" means a person who tests, rewinds, reconditions, rebuilds, replaces and generally services electric motors, generators, alternators, transformers, control equipment, mobile machines and other related components in commercial, institutional and industrial establishments, and any other work that is usually performed by a journeyperson Winder Electrician.
THE WINDER ELECTRICIAN PROGRAM IS CHANGING
|Winder Electrician will be changed to an ITA Recognized program resulting in a Certificate of Qualification credential without Red Seal Endorsement. All new apprentices as of May 1, 2020 must register in the new program.|
|Program Profile||Describes the requirements for apprentices and challengers to earn certification||Download (130 KB PDF|
If you are unclear as to which program you are registered in, or unclear as to which program you should be following, please contact ITA Customer Service.
Transitioning to the CofQ Program
BC apprentices registered in this program must take their technical training in Alberta. Click here to view the Program Outline for technical training in Alberta.
Click here to view the training schedule in Alberta.
- Program Profile
- Describes the requirements for apprentices and challengers to earn certification
- Download(PDF 136.4 KB)
- Guidelines on Interprovincial (IP) Red Seal Examination
- Information guide about how to study for the IP Exam including sample questions
- Download(PDF 1.32 MB)
- Interprovincial (IP) Exam Table
- List of tasks that will be tested and number of questions on each task
- Download(PDF 38.26 KB)
Challenge Certification/Recognize Prior Experience
- How to Apply
- Download(PDF 69.92 KB)
- Application Form
- Personal information and exams scheduling information (for challenge option)
- Download(PDF 53.07 KB)
- Employer Declaration
- Document of relevant work experience
- Download(PDF 51.34 KB)
- Statutory Declaration
- Attestation for self-employment/work experience when employer cannot be contacted
- Download(PDF 75.63 KB)